Is it possible to take too much vitamin C?

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that supports normal growth and development. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron. Because your body doesn’t produce or store vitamin C, it’s important to include vitamin C in your diet. For most people, a small glass of orange juice plus a serving of strawberries, chopped red pepper or broccoli provides enough vitamin C for the day. Any extra vitamin C will simply be flushed out of your body in your urine. (more…)

Continue Reading

The Signs & Symptoms of Zinc Poisoning

Zinc poisoning or toxicity may occur rapidly. An acute incident may occur after an episode of food poisoning or accidentally consuming too much zinc in supplement form. The Office of Dietary Supplements reports that symptoms may appear as early as 30 minutes after ingesting 4,000 mg of zinc. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting, headaches, loss of appetite, diarrhea and stomach pain. (more…)

Continue Reading
Close Menu
error: Content is protected !!